1. What is personal information?
Personal information, often referred to as personal data, is any information relating to an identifiable individual. Your name, age, email address, home or correspondence address, telephone number, IP address are all examples of personal data.
2. Who is responsible for personal data collected?
Personal data, gathered by all Epson companies within Europe through websites and otherwise, that is to be used for marketing purposes is held and ‘controlled’ by Epson Europe B.V. in the Netherlands. Personal data concerning a particular transaction with an individual Epson company is controlled by that company.
3. Special notice – if you are under 16 years old`
If you are under 16 years old please do not send us your personal information (even basic information such as your name or e-mail address). If you wish to ask a question or use our websites in a way which requires you to submit your personal information please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
4. Must personal data be disclosed when visiting Epson websites?
You can access most parts of our websites without telling us who you are or providing other personal data. However some services and parts of our websites do require this. For example, you will need to provide some personal data if you want to buy products and services, take part in promotions or ask us to respond to queries or requests. We will only require the minimum necessary data.
5. Why does Epson ask for personal data?
We seek to collect personal data about you in order to:
- make and perform a sale or service contract with you
- provide you with benefits under the Epson warranty and after sales services
- identify you when you contact us
- store your preferences so that you can save time when searching our website
- conduct appropriate checks for creditworthiness
- process your requests to participate in marketing promotions
- monitor and record phone and written communications with you for quality assurance and compliance purposes and for dealing with your complaints and queries.
- consider employing you if you register your interest or to process your application for a job with us
6. Providing you with additional information
From time to time we would also like to use your personal information for the following marketing purposes, which we believe will be of benefit to you.
- conduct surveys and ask for your opinion on our products and services
- notify you of new products or special offers that may be relevant or of interest to you
- notify you of marketing promotions such as free gifts, contests and prize draws.
- carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling
However, we will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have given your consent to this, either when submitting the information or at a later date.
7. Where does Epson collect personal data from?
We may collect personal data about you from a number of sources, including :
- from you when you register on one of our websites, buy a product from us or register for a service, participate in our promotional offers and surveys, contact our call centres or when you register at our public events such as exhibitions and trade shows.
- from lists of information purchased by us from suppliers who confirm that they are authorised to provide this.
8. Who does Epson share personal data with?
The purposes for which we use personal data may be performed by other Epson group companies (within Europe), under the direction of the data controller, and data may be shared with them to enable this. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties, who are not Epson group companies:
- who are contractors providing services to assist us in performing the purposes for which we may legitimately use the data for example fulfilling orders, processing payment, or assisting our marketing activities;
- when legally required to do so, for example in legal proceedings;
- where it is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- if we merge or are acquired by a third party or transfer part of our business to a third party; or
- where we have your express consent to do so.
9. Your rights concerning personal data held by Epson
You have the right to ask us at any time:
- to disclose to you any personal data we have about you and to correct any information that is incorrect.
- not to send you marketing communications and to remove information about you from any mailing list kept for marketing purposes. Marketing e-mails we send to you will provide an automated way to opt-out from any future marketing communications.
- to delete some parts of the personal information we hold about you. This may affect the services we are able to provide to you.
To make any of these requests please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our Data Privacy Officer at the address given below.
10. Links to other websites
11. Protecting your personal data.
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data from loss, unauthorised access and misuse. Among other measures, these include:
- limiting and controlling authorised employee and contractor access to your personal data on a ‘need to know basis’.
- requiring you to apply a password to your website ‘account’.
- processing payment transactions in a secure and encrypted way.
12. How long will Epson retain personal data?
We will retain data about you until the end of any period required or permitted by applicable laws. . In general, we will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
We create, issue and access cookies which hold information about you and your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address and what parts of the website are visited. These cookies enable us to improve the user-friendliness of our websites and to adjust them to your needs.
14. Contacting Epson
15. Changes to this policy
Epson Europe b.v.
Registered office : Azie building, Hoogoorddreef 5, 1101BA Amsterdam Zuidoost, the Netherlands
Registered in the Netherlands; registered number 33215466